What is an Oxidized Jewellery?
by Ishhaara Jewellery on May 24, 2023
Jewelry when intentionally oxidized gives it a more pleasing, vintage, and antique look. For this, the jewelry is exposed to direct sunlight. Oxidized jewelry is mostly made from metals like silver, brass, or copper. Among them, silver is the most sought jewelry by people because of its pleasing rustic beauty. The black patina formed by the oxidation effect on the surface of the metals is known for its vintage appearance.
Due to its vintage-inspired and artistic design, oxidized jewelry has grown in popularity recently and is now a stylish option for people seeking to add a distinctive touch to their look.
To oxidize the jewelry, there are some chemicals that are extensively used like Potassium sulfide, Ammonia, and Potassium permanganate. Nickel is used to add more rusty color. Both these chemicals and nickel are proven to be allergic to some people. Prolonged exposure to these chemicals may cause skin irritation. Ishhaara is one of the Indian brands that are known to offer oxidized Nickel-free jewelry at affordable prices.
Why Oxidized Jewelry?
Oxidized Jewelry is mostly sought after for one of the following reasons:
- Vintage appearance: The black patina or darkened appearance of the jewelry makes it look like an antique from a long ago.
- Aged elegance: It enhances the elegance of the jewelry inspired by ancient antiques.
- Rustic beauty: The rust on the surface of the metal brings about the details and craftsmanship of the jewelry.
- Timeless look: Oxidized Jewelry doesn’t require much maintenance, unlike other antique jewelry.
- Artistic Black Patina: The dark coloring of the jewelry gives it a sense of antiquity and age by giving it depth and richness.
So, as you can see, these jewelry are known to bring a timeless elegance look to the other jewelry in the market. If you want to add an eternal and enchanting look to yourself, then try Ishhaara oxidized jewelry, one of those few brands that is much anticipated by celebrities. At Ishhaara, each piece is painstakingly crafted with attention to detail and perfection that’s why we are renowned for outmatching craftsmanship.
We provide distinctive and aesthetically pleasing designs to suit everyone’s preferences. Our oxidized jewelry are trendy, yet timeless which makes us stand out from our competitors.
Maintaining Oxidized Jewelry:
Oxidized jewelry don’t require much maintenance, because of the black patina and its rustic appearance. That said, it doesn’t mean, they don’t need any maintenance at all. It’s worth noting that the oxidized finish on Jewelry may wear off over time, due to the extensive exposure to moisture, sweat and other cleaning methods. So, it is recommended to not expose the jewelry to harsh chemicals, cleaners and overwhelming polishes.
As oxidized jewelry long-lasting and durable you need to keep a few guidelines in mind to keep your jewels alive.
- Make sure to store your jewelry in a closed box.
- Keep it away from extreme hot or steam temperatures.
- Clean it gently with a cotton swab or cloth.
In short, this ancient Indian jewelry needs to be worn and celebrated by every woman at least once in their lifetime as it is a lifetime asset. Check out our few beautiful collections of oxidized jewelry to ignite your look.